Advocacy Matters is recruiting for new trustees to join our dedicated board of Trustees.
Advocacy Matters trustees play a very important role in making sure that the charity is run in the interests of the people it is here to support. Trustees strategically oversee the management and administration of Advocacy Matters and ensure we are working towards the charities objectives and vision at all times.
Being a trustee is very rewarding. As a trustee you have the ability to support and shape the work and strategic direction of Advocacy Matters. You can make a significant difference to a cause that matters to you.
We are particularly looking for a skilled accountant to act as treasurer when our current treasurer retires after many years of dedicated service to Advocacy.
- Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
- Liaise with relevant staff, committee members and/or volunteers to ensure the financial viability of the organisation.
- Make fellow committee members aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them.
- Regularly report the financial position at committee meetings (balance sheet, cash flow, fundraising performance etc).
- Oversee the production of an annual budget and propose its adoption at the last meeting of the previous financial year.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place, ie:
- Cheque signatories
- Purchasing limits
- Purchasing systems
- Petty cash/ float
- Salary payments
- PAYE and NI payments
- Others as appropriate
- Appraising the financial viability of plans, proposals and feasibility studies.
- Lead on appointing and liaising with auditors/an independent examiner.
- Knowledge and experience of current and fundraising finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management (as necessary).
- Good financial analysis skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly
For more insight into what we do visit our stories page
To apply go to our volunteering page or contact 0121 321 2377 for more information and ask to speak with Elssa Keegan.