It’s more than a New Age distraction—meditation is becoming more and more common as modern life gets more and more complex. Read More at health Assured
Meditation can be defined as a set of techniques to encourage a heightened state of awareness and focused attention. Meditation is also a consciousness-changing practice that has been shown to have a number of benefits on psychological well-being.
Some of the other psychological, emotional, and health-related benefits of meditation include:
- Better management of symptoms of conditions including anxiety disorders, depression, sleep disorders, pain issues, and high blood pressure
- Better stress management skills
- Changes in different aspects of attention and mindfulness
- Increased self-awareness
- Improved emotional well-being
- Improved working memory and fluid intelligence
- Improved immunity
- Greater empathy for yourself and others
- Headache relief
To find out more about different types of meditation and how to practice visit VeryWellMind.com
In the current times we could all do with a bit of peace and calm- why not try meditation.