Joyce Wallace #VolunteersWeek #AdvocacyMatters
As an organisation whose heart is firmly shored up by the endeavours and backing of volunteers – we salute all who have shared their time, energy and skills with us over the last, near two decades.
Even more significantly, over 2020/21 when Covid changed our lives beyond our wildest dreams.
In 2018/19, 19.4 million (36%) people volunteered through a group at least once a year and over 11.9 million (22%) of people did so at least once a month.
The most common reason overall for volunteering is wanting to improve things or help people (42%).
Our volunteers come to us with differing skills, and from diverse backgrounds and communities – but are committed to making a difference, however big or small.
Last week’s activities reflected on volunteers motivations: –
- Bigging up volunteers from AM CEO – Elssa Keegan
- Youth perspective – Rajuns’ and Reannes’ – Mot Quotes
- Volunteer to Career! – Rohans’ Story
- Well-meaning being – Kathryn (AM Operations Manager) and John (Steering group volunteer take a mindful walk together
- What some Volunteers feel they have missed NOT volunteering in person for us during Lockdown – Chris, Nuala and Alex share
Now we are moving forward, as the country begins to open up – and share how you can join us as we go hurtling towards our 20th anniversary in 2022!
As Volunteer Week 2021 celebrations come to a close we want you to know we are always looking for Volunteers support.
Our vision continues to be to provide vulnerable people with a voice; in relation to their life needs. Volunteers are crucial to this.
Our next FREE Advocate training programme begins on :
Wed 23 June 2021
Please do contact us for an informal chat about this and other roles or download an application.
Talk to us: Joyce Wallace, Development Worker
0121 321 2377 email@example.com
Don’t forget to share #VolunteersWeek #AdvocacyMatters