UK’s biggest blood pressure testing and awareness event.
High blood pressure usually has no symptoms, which is why is it often referred to as the silent killer. The only way to know you have it is to have a check.
Blood Pressure UK want to encourage everybody to check their blood pressure, so if high blood pressure is detected, it can be easily treated, reducing the risk of a stroke or heart disease.
Do you Know Your Numbers?
- An ideal blood pressure is under 120/80mmHg.
- 6 million people in the UK have high blood pressure and don’t know it
- Every day in the UK, 350 people have a stroke or heart attack that could have been prevented.
Where can you get a blood pressure check?
- Your doctor’s surgery. Your GP or practice nurse can check your blood pressure.
- Your local pharmacy.
- Some workplaces.
- Some gyms and health clubs.
- Know Your Numbers!
- NHS Health Checks.
- Local community and health events.
- Find out more
Raised blood pressure is the most significant cause of death and disability in the world- Get yours checked today!