#GoodCare and #GoodCareMonth
The Good Care Campaign is about celebrating the great work of carers and care providers do each and every day and sharing it via the campaign.
With both an ageing population and individuals of all ages with more complex needs that require additional social care support, there is an increasing requirement to recruit and retain staff in the adult social care sector.
Ten reasons why carers are so important:
- The number of older people is rising and that means more carers are needed
- Carers do their best around challenging circumstances
- Carers dedicate a lot of time in their role
- They are compassionate and want to make a difference
- Their experience and professionalism creates a lot of great empathy
- They create a resilient working environment
- They see things from a greater perspective
- They provide company just by being there for somebody
- They deal with personal situations – whether it be personal physical care or simply listening
- They do their utmost to make sure a person is happy and comfortable
We need good carers and never has the caring role been so important than in the pandemic a time of national crisis. Carers have given selflessly of themselves and even moved in with the people they care for to keep them safe.
Why not start a new career in the new year?
To learn more about work in independent advocacy volunteer with Advocacy Matters.
WE ARE PROVIDING FREE ADVOCACY TRAINING 2021
The training takes place over four weeks
- Wed 20 January
- Wed 27 January
- Wed 3 February
- Wed 10 February
Contact: Joyce Wallace – Development Worker
07870 999924 to book your space